I left you yesterday slaving away over your butternut squash flesh. Now it’s time to enjoy the fruits of your labour.
With Bonfire night this weekend you’re going to need something that’s going to warm you from the inside out and fight against the nip in the air with a nip of its own.
So I present to you:
- 400ml Strong black coffee
- 50ml Milk
- 2 heaped tbsp Squash Butter
- 70ml (ish…) Whisky of your choosing (I’m working my way through some Jura at the moment)
- Having brewed a strong coffee, combine all of the ingredients into a saucepan on a low heat.
- Bring up the temperature of the liquid gradually without boiling it.
- When piping hot, decant into a thermos. Split between 2 and enjoy covered in a blanket watching the fireworks later in the evening. Alternatively make a large batch and dole out with chilli and jacket potatoes.
Chris ‘trialling-alcoholic-recipes-at-3pm-on-your-afternoon-off’ Pinner